Start the relationship - say a prayer

I can't remember how long ago I first learned about praying - I must have been very young as I can't recall a time when I didn't know about it. I was brought up going to church and being taught about God and how Jesus loves us.
Prayer is talking to God, but it's much more than that too. There are many examples of people praying in the Bible and there are different types of prayer.
Sometimes people wait until there is something bad going on in their lives until they pray - you might relate it to a spiritual 911 call. We shouldn't reserve prayer for times of crisis only.
Prayer should be practiced a lot - it's one of the ways we establish a relationship with God. Can you imagine having a relationship with the Creator of the universe? That's what this feeble attempt at having a blog is all about for me.... sharing what prayer means to me in my quest for a close relationship with Jesus.
If you've never said a prayer go ahead and give it a try. It doesn't have to be scripted or anything fancy. Just tell God what's on your mind, or thank Him for someone or something in your life. Maybe you're worried about someone or something - tell God about it.
If you've never said a prayer until now your relationship has just begun.

That's all for now.
Treasure the relationship journey.

Paul.

Comments

  1. I plan to treasure this journey, following your blog. Great start!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment