Where’s Your Trust?



I know some people who put their trust in money. I’ve known a few people that put their trust in their own knowledge. I even had a friend many years ago that told me he didn’t need God because he could take care of himself - those are dangerous words and I hope that somewhere along the line he changed his mind about that. Some people put their trust in the government, and some put their trust in other people.
As for me, I put my trust in God - the same God that created the heavens and the earth, the same God that walked with Adam in the garden, the same God that Noah, Abraham, David, and others we read about in the Bible put their trust in.
This same God came in the form of a son named Jesus to save everyone who puts their trust in Him.

Here are just a few Scriptures that tell us that you can put your trust in God:

He granted their request because they trusted in Him. (1st Ch 5:20B CSB)

Those who know Your name trust in You because You have not abandoned those who seek You, Yahweh. (Psa 9:10 CSB)

…God has listened; He has paid attention to the sound of my prayer. May God be praised! He has not turned away my prayer or turned His faithful love from me. (Psa 66:19-20 CSB)

I love the LORD because He has heard my appeal for mercy. Because He has turned His ear to me, I will call out to Him as long as I live. (Psa 116:1-2 CSB)

Don't worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Phi 4:6-7 CSB)

Not only do theses verses tell us that we can trust God, they tell us that He listens to and answers our prayers.

Be blessed in knowing God better,

Paul.


Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Used by Permission HCSB ©1999,2000,2002,2003,2009 Holman Bible Publishers. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.


Comments