Start Your Day With God

Love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
These words that I am giving you today are to be in your heart.
Repeat them to your children. Talk about them when you sit in your house and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Deuteronomy 6:5-7 CSB

My days always seem to go better when I start with reading from the Bible, thinking about God, and praying for everyone on my prayer list.

When I got up this morning (Saturday) I had a whole list of things I wanted to accomplish. Several of them I needed to get done before noon. There was this inner voice saying you can pray later, after you get these things done. 
Fortunately I ignored that voice and I remembered yesterdays blog post - I've been in a prayer slump and I have to do something about it.
So I started off by reading a few chapters in the Bible then got out my prayer list and focused my requests to the heavenly Father on the people I regularly pray for. I had received a few new requests via email and I prayed for those folks too.

By the way, I accomplished everything on my "to do" list plus a few other things and so far it has been a wonderful day. Thanks to Jesus our savior for all of the wonderful blessings He provides through God's Spirit.

Starting and ending the day reflecting on God's Word through reading and prayer helps us in our journey to know Him better.

Love and peace,

Paul.

Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Used by Permission HCSB ©1999,2000,2002,2003,2009 Holman Bible Publishers. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.


Comments