A Good Way to Start the Day

I've found through personal experience that the best way for me to start any and every day is in prayer to God. The world we live in is full of worries and fear and just plain ole stuff that wears us out sometimes.

Why not start out each day by letting God know the things that are on our minds?

Really, most things that cause us stress are things we can't control anyway so who better to talk to than the ONE that can do something about them?

In the Old Testament book of Psalms we find king David praying quite often - he knew only God could make things better. In the first few verses of Psalm 5 we find that David had a pattern of going to God in the mornings in prayer.....

Listen to my words, LORD; consider my sighing. Pay attention to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for I pray to You. At daybreak, LORD, You hear my voice; at daybreak I plead my case to You and watch expectantly... Psalm 5:1-3 CSB

I think you'll find that your days go smoother with less stress and anxiety if you start each day talking with God and trusting in Him. It's also a great time to thank Him for all of the good things we're blessed with, to pray for others, and to praise His name.

Sing a new song to the LORD; sing to the LORD, all the earth. Sing to Yahweh, praise His name; proclaim His salvation from day to day. Declare His glory among the nations, His wonderful works among all peoples... Psalm 96:1-3 CSB

I'd sure rather God guide my day than to try it on my own - I've tried that and believe me, God is the better guide.

Paul.


Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Used by Permission HCSB ©1999,2000,2002,2003,2009 Holman Bible Publishers. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.

Comments