Update that Prayer List

Well the new year is here !
I've started reading the new daily devotional book that I got for Christmas and now it's also time to start a new prayer list.
I love prayer lists - especially they help me focus on others, while removing focus on self.
Prayer lists also need updating from time to time... how long since you've updated yours?

I tend to just keep adding names to the one I have, but really I believe an active and viable prayer list should be updated occasionally. Many times names can be removed because the prayers have been answered.
Many times the circumstances have changed and the prayer needs to be for some different purpose.

Keeping a prayer list up to date and constantly changing shows that we care about who we're praying for and why.

Just reading off a list of names to God every day may not do anyone any good. As we pray for those on the list we should contemplate why we are praying for the person and reflect on the person.

My favorite way to pray for someone is to think about the person, how I know them, and what they look like - if I have a picture of them in front of me while I'm praying for them that's even better. 

Part of loving your neighbor as yourself (that's the 2nd greatest commandment) is praying for them.

Did you know that while Jesus was here on the earth He prayed for us?

I pray not only for these, but also for those who believe in Me through their message.
May they all be one, as You, Father, are in Me and I am in You. May they also be one in Us, so the world may believe You sent Me. (John 17:20-21 CSB)

Peace and Joy to everyone in your relationship journey with God.


Paul.


Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Used by Permission HCSB ©1999,2000,2002,2003,2009 Holman Bible Publishers. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.


Comments