Bible Study Inspires Prayer

Today I want to share something that that recently happened in my life. A minister friend of mine came up to me a few months ago and asked me if I'd be interested in being a part of a small Bible study which would include a couple of young men, fairly new to the congregation we are a part of. Even though I had never met these guys I didn't hesitate because I love learning more about God's Word.
Well, the point is, now that it's up and going every Monday night - what a blessing it is.

So here's how it works...We explore the passage of Scripture that was the basis for the previous days Sunday morning sermon.  No one is judged, feelings and thoughts are openly shared, and the highlight of it all- we pray.

We are beginning to form a relationship as each week we learn a little more about each other, our backgrounds, our families, and our daily concerns. After a few weeks now, we don't just open and close the one hour session with prayer...we now pray for each other.

Prayer is a relationship and it helps build relationships with others, as well as with God.

If you want to be like Jesus, be a friend to someone...and a Bible study is a good way to get started. We don't try to tell each other what to believe - we ask each other what we learn from the passage. What's shared in the room stays in the room.

After spending a lot of time with His disciples and instructing them about God (no doubt studying from the Scriptures they had at the time), Jesus said this to His disciples.....

"...I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have heard from My Father." (John 15:15B CSB)

What a great basis for a friendship....sharing God's Word with each other and praying with and for each other.

My prayer for today,
Father in heaven thank you so much for bringing me into this weekly Bible study group. I have been blessed and honored to get to know these young men and especially to be able to pray for them. LORD, please help us to allow you to guide us daily where you want us to be and to meet who want us to meet. Through this journey I pray that I can be a help and a comfort to others.
In Jesus name, LORD, AMEN.

I'll leave you with this pray of David....
 I will praise the LORD at all times; His praise will always be on my lips. I will boast in the LORD; the humble will hear and be glad. Proclaim Yahweh's greatness with me; let us exalt His name together. I sought the LORD, and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant with joy; their faces will never be ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him and saved him from all his troubles. The Angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, and rescues them. (Psalm 34:1-7 CSB)

Thanks for reading,

Paul.

Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Used by Permission HCSB ©1999,2000,2002,2003,2009 Holman Bible Publishers. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.

Comments