Good friends and grilled cheese sandwiches

Today I got to visit with two good friends and one of my sisters on the phone. Well... my sister is a good friend too, so in reality I visited with three good friends on the phone.
It really feels good to hear the voices of friends - especially in this time of quarantine when we can't physically be together.
I've been staying connected with folks via texting, email, Facebook (both through text and video chat), ham radio, and telephone. There's just something about hearing their voice isn't there... It's more personal and it feels better than looking at a printed message.

Let's face it, friends bring comfort and peace - they make us feel better.

AND hey, a grilled cheese sandwich makes me feel good too. I like the way they smell while sizzling on the griddle. I like the way they taste, especially when I put a few different cheeses together. A grilled cheese sandwich definitely qualifies as comfort food..... I had one for lunch today.

So I'm doubly blessed today. Good friends and a grilled cheese both came my way today.

As simple and as corny as it may sound I'm thanking GOD for both.

Here's a few verses about friends....

Oil and incense bring joy to the heart, and the sweetness of a friend is better than self-counsel.            (Pro 27:9 CSB)

Now when Job's three friends-- Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite-- heard about all this adversity that had happened to him, each of them came from his home. They met together to go and sympathize with him and comfort him. (Job 2:11 CSB)

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a difficult time. (Pro 17:17 CSB)

and from Jesus.... I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have heard from My Father. (Joh 15:15B CSB)                                                                                                

Yep, good friends bring joy, comfort, love, and they share the things precious to their hearts.

How about giving a friend a call today?
And say a prayer thanking GOD for your friends and for the other things you are able to enjoy today.
And say a prayer for those who are in harms way trying to protect us all.

Be blessed and know that our Father loves you,

Paul.

Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Used by Permission HCSB ©1999,2000,2002,2003,2009 Holman Bible Publishers. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.

Comments