Tomato Sauce and Green Peas


Taste…

It’s something that most people take for granted….but don’t.

It’s a simple pleasure gifted to us from GOD. I mean who doesn’t enjoy a good meal, especially with family and friends. A few months ago my sisters and I started meeting together with our families and one of our cousin’s family for dinner once a month. It’s really fun and it’s one of the things I miss most during this quarantine.

Back to taste. Lots of people can’t taste anything, or they can taste but everything tastes terrible.
I know that from my experience with cancer treatments. Things I used to love to eat all of a sudden tasted so bad I couldn’t stand the thought of them….like tomato sauce.

Gradually, over several months, after the seven weeks of treatment, some things started tasting better. I even realized that some things I just sort of liked before began to taste so good that I was craving them…like green peas.
I am now crazy about green peas.

However, one of my favorite things, tomato sauce, still tasted like garbage. If I wanted pizza I had to eat white pizza. No more pasta dishes with tomato sauce. Anything with tomato sauce was out.

Then, just a couple of weeks ago from this writing, and almost two years since the treatments ended, it came back! WHAT??
Yes, just all of a sudden I can now enjoy tomato sauce again.

GOD is so good to us in simple ways…please don’t take anything for granted, but thank GOD every day for the things that give you pleasure.

GOD provided for the Israelite nation as they wandered through the wilderness with food, and HE made sure it tasted good…

The house of Israel named the substance manna. It resembled coriander seed, was white, and tasted like wafers made with honey. (Exo 16:31 CSB)

GOD’s Word, the knowledge that Jesus loves us and is always with us, and prayer is what got me through those terrible treatments. The disease was bad and so were the treatments.
I know for a fact that literally hundreds of people across the country prayed for me.

The Angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, and rescues them. Taste and see that the LORD is good. How happy is the man who takes refuge in Him! (Psa 34:7-8 CSB)

I love the way that the Bible writers compared experiencing GOD’s love to the taste of really good food.

How sweet Your word is to my taste-- sweeter than honey in my mouth. (Psa 119:103 CSB)

Please pray for other people, it really does help, and GOD will bless you for caring enough to place their names before HIM.

Dear LORD, thank you for the little things that make our lives enjoyable. In the name of Jesus, AMEN.

Be blessed,

Paul.

Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Used by Permission HCSB ©1999,2000,2002,2003,2009 Holman Bible Publishers. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.


Comments