Giving GOD the glory

A couple of years ago I got what I considered to be some very bad news from my doctor; a mass in my throat. Several doctors later it was confirmed to be cancer. I just figured at first that I was as good as dead.
The first person my wife and I called was our minister. We have several ministers at the church we attend, so we called the one we relate to the most. As I remember he was at our house in about 15 minutes. He brought comfort and prayer.
I remember praying a lot during those many weeks of treatment and I quickly identified a problem in my prayers; I was focusing on me. I apologized to GOD and shifted the focus of my prayers to the needs of others. Let's face it, there are many, many sick and troubled people out there that need GOD's help.
Anyway, I still try to keep my prayers focused on other people - I highly recommend trying it. It lets GOD know that you care about others like HE does. The greatest commandments require it really...

"This is the most important," Jesus answered: Listen, Israel! The Lord our God, the Lord is One.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.
"The second is: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other command greater than these."
 (Mar 12:29-31 CSB)

When you focus on GOD and other people a sense of peace begins to surround you.

GOD chose to heal me. Thank you so much!

Yes, I give the praise to GOD, and for a number of reasons... I believe with all my heart that HE led me to the right doctors, the right minister, and HE put people in my life that prayed for me - a lot of people praying (I'm talking hundreds here).

So whenever I mention to others what I went through I give GOD the glory.

I never say "I beat cancer" - I didn't beat cancer, GOD decided to bless me more than I can imagine...

Thank you FATHER GOD through Jesus and for your Holy Spirit that lives in and around us.

He was despised and rejected by men, a man of suffering who knew what sickness was. He was like someone people turned away from; He was despised, and we didn't value Him. Yet He Himself bore our sicknesses, and He carried our pains.... (Isa 53:3-4a CSB)

In our journey to know GOD better, remember to give HIM the credit...I see no reason for personal ego.

My mouth is full of praise and honor to You all day long. (Psa 71:8 CSB)

Paul.

Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Used by Permission HCSB ©1999,2000,2002,2003,2009 Holman Bible Publishers. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.


Comments

Post a Comment