Leaping for Joy

Every time I think about how GOD has blessed me and spared me from bad things I realize how blessed I am.
I also then realize how inadequately I express my thankfulness to GOD.
When I think about everything that Jesus went through so we can be a part of GOD's family I recognize the fact that I should be joyful 100% of the time. Sometimes I get goose bumps just thinking about how happy I am because of how HE has blessed my life in every possible way.... great family, house, food, friends, health, the beauty of nature - you get the idea.
I'm especially aware of this when I look around at people that are struggling with the storms of life that inevitably come at us.
One of the beauties of faith and trust in our Heavenly Father is that because of HIS promises through the written Scriptures we can see how GOD's people were blessed and dealt with trouble in times past.
Trust and faith help us to see past the storms.

I'm not physically agile enough anymore to be able to do much jumping - but when I think of how GOD has always been with me and blessed me my inner being leaps with joy!

How long since you've leaped with joy - either physically or mentally?

One dictionary defines "to leap for joy" like this:
(1) to be exuberant or very happy about something
(2) to jump up because one is happy

We see children jumping around when they're happy, we see athletes jumping for joy on the baseball and football fields, basketball courts, and golf courses when they make a great play.

Leaping for joy is a natural reaction to events that make us happy.

In Acts 3:1-8 GOD (through Peter) heals a person who is disabled and can't walk. As a result the man can now walk, but not only that, the Bible tells us that he "leaps" while praising GOD.

In Luke 6:22-23 Jesus told His followers to rejoice even in the midst of things that aren't pleasant....
You are blessed when people hate you, when they exclude you, insult you, and slander your name as evil because of the Son of Man. "Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! Take note-- your reward is great in heaven, for this is the way their ancestors used to treat the prophets. 

I hope everyone will take a moment to reflect on how GOD has blessed you, not just recently, but throughout your life.
There are so many things to be thankful for. For some people just being able to breathe, taste, and eat is a miracle.
A cup of coffee on the porch as the sun comes up, a phone call from a loved one, watching birds splash in some standing water on a hot day.... and on an on.... GOD's presence in creation is a beautiful thing to behold.

Don't take anything for granted. Thank GOD in everything.

Leap for joy, either actually or figuratively, because GOD really is with us!!!

Treasure the path GOD leads you on.

Paul.


Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Used by Permission HCSB ©1999,2000,2002,2003,2009 Holman Bible Publishers. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers. 

Comments